Zero-bike budget rally.. Thursday!
Late notice but this is a really important message to get behind… the state government’s cuts to the cycling infrastructure budget are extreme and unacceptable. Let’s use this gathering as a chance to constructively show the need for this funding.
There’s a heap of meeting places for group rides to the main gathering. From www.bv.com.au:
Support for the rally is growing across the bike riding community. A number of groups and clubs have organised riders to travel to the rally together. Meeting places so far include:
- Footscray – 7.00am Hyde Street opposite the Police Station.
- North Melbourne - 7am North Melbourne Pool, 1 Macauley Rd – coordinated by Melbourne Bicycle User Group
- Coburg – 6.30am Coburg Railway Station.
- East Brunswick – 7.00am Café L’Amour, 76 Lygon St, East Brunswick, coordinated by Moreland Bicycle User Group.
- Carlton – 7.00am Outside Dan O’Connell Hotel, Corner Princes and Canning Streets – coordinated by Yarra Bicycle Users Group.
- Northcote – 7.00am, Jika Jika Community Centre, Corner Plant and Union Streets – coordinated by Darebin Bicycle User Group.
- Brighton – 6.45am, corner Bay St and Nepean Highway.
- Richmond: 7:00am Elizabeth Street and Church Street—outside the commission flats.